WHAT: Uptown Art Fair
WHEN: August 3-5
WHERE: Lake and Hennepin
COST: Free admission
Uptown Art Fair
Visit the Girard Promenade for:
- Live music
- Comfortable seating
- Luxury restrooms
- Air conditioning
- Free chair massages from Oriental Acupressure
- Flower crowns from Ma Jolie Market
- Roat Osha: $2.50 Coors Light Tap, $2.00 Hamms Tap, $3.00 PBR Tall-boy
- Fig & Farro: $2.00 OFF Keg Wine & Beer
- Famous Dave's: $2.00 Short Coors Light and $5.00 Dave’s Rum Punch
- Libertine: $1 off Bauhaus Beer and $5 hamburgers
- People's Organic: $2.00 off tap beer, $1.50 off Chocolate and Vanilla Java Quenchers
- Sushi Tango: House wine and select taps for $3.50
All performances hosted inside Famous Dave’s due to rain.
- 12pm+1pm – PIM
- 2pm – Alex Bartlett
- 3pm – Sonic Sea Turtles
- 4pm – Savage Moods
- 5pm – Shanell McCoy
- 6pm – Asia Divine
- 7pm – VILD
On behalf of the Uptown Association, welcome to the 55th annual Uptown Art Fair! As the producer of the event since 1973, the Uptown Association is proud and honored to have you as one of our valued sponsors. The fair began in 1964 as a way to increase awareness of the arts while raising money for Uptown projects. Although the event has grown and changed over the years, its core mission remains the same. Each year, much of the proceeds from the fair are returned directly to the community to enhance numerous programs and activities.
Aside from showcasing amazing art, the fair is a celebration of the hip, refreshingly unconventional Uptown community. Uptown is a crossroads that connects the energy of the city and the calm of the lakes. It’s a destination that combines shopping and dining with nature and lifestyle. Centered around Calhoun Square at Lake Street and Hennepin Avenue, Uptown blends the sophisticated, the scenic and the stylish into a decidedly urban environment—a perfect potpourri of places to go and people to see. We urge you to explore our community during your visit and experience this fabulous neighborhood for yourself!
The Uptown Art Fair is a labor of love made possible by hundreds of volunteers, the generosity of sponsors, the kindness of local businesses, and those who support the arts. In our humble (and admittedly biased) opinion, it’s the best art fair around and we think our 380,000+ patrons agree – visitors have made the Uptown Art Fair the 2nd most attended event in the State of Minnesota (only second to the Minnesota State Fair). We hope you enjoy it!
- Professional works of art ranging from limited editions to one-of-a-kind treasures in 12 mediums including sculpture, painting, glasswork, jewelry, multimedia compositions and more
- New Horizon Academy Youth Art Fair
- Our new pARTy Plaza located at 2841 Hennepin Avenue will offer musical and dance performances, the Norseman Distillery Mixology Contest, an interactive community mural, live radio broadcasts, games for kids and adults and much more.
- Awesome food and refreshments from more than 25 vendors throughout the fair and beer gardens located at the top and bottom of The Mall
- Enjoy the Indeed Brewing Co. beer gardens throughout the fair
- Culinary Arts Competition Presented by Kitchen Window
- Art activities for the entire family at the Family Imagination Station brought to you by Northern Clay
- Denison Parking Charitable Partnership Tent
Like all good things, parking is at a premium. Check out our Parking page below for ways to make your travel to Uptown a breeze!